A girl’s outfit is never complete until she has accessorized accordingly. Prepare yourself for fall’s roundup of handbags, with trends ranging from boho chic to jewel-tone colors to neutral styles with additional embellishments. Whatever your style, outfit or needs, there is a must-have handbag for every personality this season at every price point.
1. BOHO CHIC HANDBAGS
Bohemian style is a state of mind that is all about chic elements mixed together in innovative ways, creating outfits that are individual and free-spirited. In the world of boho chic, extreme attention is paid to detail, so handbags are key to achieving this look.
- Fringe detail is huge on many accessories including boots, jewelry and of course, handbags. Michael Kors’ Dakota Fringe Hobo in brown leather will make the perfect addition to your bohemian look.
- If fringe is not your thing, flat shoulder bags worn across the body are a carefree way to accessorize your outfit. Try Foley + Corinna’s Glazed City Clutch in a mini rainbow of jewel-tone colors, complete with a detachable shoulder strap which allows this versatile bag to be worn in a variety of ways.
- For a more budget friendly option, Steve Madden’s “Serena” Hobo bag is a casual, yet chic option for an on-the-go lifestyle.
2. BOLD & COLORFUL HANDBAGS
Add an electric accessory to your outfit with a bright bag like stylish Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester. Whether it is 80’s-inspired, neon-esque, or a gorgeous jewel-toned piece, it will add a fresh pop of color to your outfit. It may be time to expand your ideas of fall hues, so choose a handbag in blue, purple or yellow.
- Add Cole Haan’s “Penny Denny” Satchel (available in all the jewel tones) to your collection and revel in its rich suede material and roomy interior.
- Go for a bright orange handbag with Forever 21’s "Morgan" tote or their pink faux leather tote to add a pop of color to the dreary days of fall.
- Clutches are always in style and perfect for a night out, so why not find one in a bold color? LuLA by Angelica Cota has created this gorgeous wallet, which also can be used as a clutch. This adorable accessory comes complete with signature gold heart detail and multiple pockets.
3. EMBELLISHED NEUTRAL HANDBAGS
Grey, beige, brown, and black handbags are getting a makeover this season with designers adding subtle embellishments to the otherwise understated handbag styles.
- Snakeskin is always timeless and sophisticated, and this python patent vinyl shopper bag by Marciano is no exception. Available in olive, black or ivory, its double strap design makes it comfortable to wear over your shoulder and carry all of your necessities.
- Elliott Lucca’s “Sasha” Leather Satchel in an amazing grey color has been modernized with woven leather and accented with gold-toned hardware; this style is sure to stand the test of time.
- Similar in style and versatility, Juicy Couture’s JC Medallion Handbag is perfect for this fall season, complete with buckle front exterior pocket and gold hardware details.
- Metallics are beautiful complements to all fall handbag styles and Marc by Marc Jacob’s Totally Turnlock Mini Quinn Bag will quickly become your new favorite bag. With super-soft leather exterior, dual shoulder straps and studded accents, what more could a girl need?