Off Shoulder Peasant Blouse - Chic and Relexed Peasant Blouse
An updated take on an old classic, an off the shoulder peasant blouse offers plenty of styling possibilities. Chic, modern and even sexy, it pairs well with everything from jeans to skirts!
Off the shoulder tops instantly add a seductive touch to any outfit. Even when worn with something as basic as jeans and flip-flops, the shirt has the power to elevate any ensemble to new heights. Thanks to its skin-baring style, many women choose to wear off the shoulder tops during the warmer months. This automatically makes them great to partner with a variety of bottoms, ranging from casually polished denim pencil skirts to cutoffs. There is almost no limit to the outfit variations that are possible, in great part due to the many off the shoulder styles available.
About Peasant Tops
Off the shoulder tops are especially popular when mercury soars. They can be soft and romantic; quaint and country-inspired; or even sexy and glamorous. The style instantly calls attention to the upper body, and is great for showing off the neck or cleavage. The basic peasant top is:
- Loose and airy, with a relaxed fit
- Made with a comfortable fabric, like cotton
- Adjustable at the neck, to allow for off- or on-shoulder wear
Those that are not made to wear off the shoulder may still be cut loose enough to slip slightly to one side; this is just part of the peasant top's charm.
Wearing an Off the Shoulder Peasant Blouse
Whether you're dressing down or going a little glamorous, you can make good use of an off the shoulder peasant blouse. If you're spending the day outdoors on a hazy summer's day, stick with light colors or floral prints that reflect the season; if it's a more festive occasion and you need to dress up a bit, try a top in a dramatic hue or embellished with lace. These tips will help you make the most of your off the shoulder peasant blouses:
- During the summer, pair an airy, white peasant top with a pair of cutoff shorts in a bright color, like yellow or turquoise. The contrast is sublimely appropriate for warm weather, and the 1960s-influenced, hippie-inspired ensemble is guaranteed to keep you cool.
- If you're going on a date or to an informal dinner with friends at a chic little haunt, try something a little different from your usual. Opt for a short sleeved peasant tunic in a jersey material that falls below the hips. Pair with denim leggings and booties for a sharp, runway-worthy look.
- Go classic with a simple peasant blouse embellished with floral embroidery around the neckline, and pair it with a pair of dark rinse fitted jeans and boots. You can't go wrong.
- For something a bit more polished, try a printed peasant blouse with an elasticized waist for some definition. Pair it with a pair of solid pants in a matching color – for example, an off the shoulder zebra-print peasant top would pair beautifully with a pair of crisp black trousers. Finish the look with a pair of classic black pumps.
- Channel a little western flair by pairing a long peasant blouse that falls below the hips with a pair of skinny jeans. Tuck them into tall suede boots and, voila, you're sporting a completely new look!
- A day-to-evening transition is possible if you choose the right type of off the shoulder peasant blouse. It should look just as suitable worn on the shoulders as off, and you might opt for a material like silk, which is just as suitable for the office as it is for the café. Pair it with a sleek black pencil skirt and heels during office hours and slip it off your shoulders when it's time to head out for the night.