Floral Print Summer Skirt - Fashionably Fabulous Mini Skirts
There can be several stylish answers to the fashion question "What should I wear with a floral print summer skirt?" You can go the simple route and choose a basic, no-nonsense top and accessories, or you can have fun with this warm weather staple with daring choices.
What Should I Wear with a Floral Print Summer Skirt
Some floral prints will be delicate and subtle, while others may be bold and vibrant. Make sure you choose a print that you really love and that fits your style and body type, as florals aren't always easy to wear.
Now you've found the perfect floral skirt. It's lightweight, a flattering color and practically screams "summer." Now it's time to find a great top to go with it. These are several smart options that pair well with floral print skirts, in long and short lengths.
- Stretch Lace Tank Top: Add a little bit of lace and you have a flirty, feminine ensemble perfect for the season. The tank keeps the look casual, while the lace gives you some flair. This is a smart outfit choice for the woman who wants to stand out in a subtle, sexy fashion.
- Halter Top: Whether your halter features wide straps that cascade down your back or a snap closure at the nape of your neck, this backless top is instantly sexy. Because the top is such a focal point on its own, a knee-length or longer skirt gives your outfit balance.
- Camisole Top: Just as easy to wear as a tank top, a camisole is another option to wear with your floral print skirt. Some camisoles are incrediby lightweight and almost sheer, so double up and wear two in complementary colors.
- Tube Top: If your skirt is on the longer side, a tube top is a good choice. Make sure it doesn't fall past your hips. Petite women can really elongate their frames by choosing tops that match the background color of their skirts.
- Tee Shirt: A simple tee works well with a long or short floral print skirt. Choose a stretch tee or one that closely skims your body, particularly if your skirt flares and is roomy.
- Peasant Top: Look for sleeveless or short-sleeve peasant tops to wear with your skirt. These forgiving shirts work well with different body types and are less revealing than tank tops and camisoles, perfect for the woman who likes a feminine vibe without wearing anything too form-fitting.
Once you have the right top to wear with your skirt, you're well on your way to a cute summertime outfit. Your shoe choice should be casual, such as sandals, flip flops or espadrilles. As for jewelry, delicate and small pieces won't take away from your attention-getting skirt, but big, chunky pieces in complementary colors can work well, too.
- When you wear such an eye-catching print on your skirt, your top should be more subdued. Otherwise, the entire outfit can clash. For a completely complementary look, select tops in colors found in your skirt. Because floral print skirts often contain several colors, you have quite a few options when it comes to shirt selection.
- Long floral print skirts can be quite bohemian and your shirt and accessories should be in the same style.