Do you want to banish baggy eyes and dark circles around them? Think you need an expensive cream? Plastic surgery? Think again.
Our simple home remedy will cost you virtually nothing and you can have great results. You can really banish baggy eyes and dark circles.
How Did You Get Baggy Eyes? Dark Circles?
The bags and dark circles that you see under eyes can be the result of a number of things. First of all it may be (and often is) an inherited tendency. Next there are just people who are born with darker circles around their eye sockets.
Next they may be just part of the natural aging processes. Lack of restful sleep often results in bags and dark circles, and finally it may be due to environmental factors such as allergies, dehydration and crying. The truth is, the causes are not perfectly understood.
What is Technically Happening?
Aging causes our skin to get thinner. There is a break down of the lattice work under the skin formed by collagen fibers. This latticework acts to keep the skin tight and elastic.
Then, the thin skin, when seen in places without layers of fat (such as the skull or hands) gives a darker appearance...
With the skin around the eyes thinning, the blood vessels beneath and our own darker shadows of bone to begin to show through.
This may be worse due to genetic pre-disposition, but things like too much UV light and even smoking and worsen the effect.
Also a general lack of sleep or restful sleep is another culprit for baggy eyes and dark circles. It may have a lot to do with blood supply and oxygen in that area.
So, What Can be Done?
You may not be able to completely eliminate baggy eyes and dark circles, but you certainly can reduce them. Here are some real and effective tips to follow:
• Drink plenty of fresh clean water daily and keep yourself hydrated
• Take a 3mg tablet of melatonin (if your doctor agrees) each night, and try to get a more restful sleep
• Stop smoking
• Wear refrigerated eye pack just before going to bed
• Prepare a strong cup of tea with teabags, and then chill the bags with most of the water dripped out. Apply the teabags to closed eyes for 15 minutes during a nap or at the end of a long day.
• Take collagen tablets, but consult your doctor to doses and frequency of such food supplements.
• Consult your doctor if none of the above are helpful for you, as the problem may be related to something else that needs attention.
What you should not do is:
• Do not use Preparation H. It can be very harmful
• Do not buy expensive creams, as they do not work
• Do not just cover the problem with makeup, and forget about it. Try to solve it, not hide it.
• Do not assume plastic surgery is the only option. Leave the option of the knife as a last resort.
Remember, in many cases, its just your genetic disposition, and then not much of anything can eliminate the baggy eyes and dark circles, but certainly, some of the remedies we suggest can really help.
Causes of Dark circles under eyes:
The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Dark circles under eyes. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.
1. Persistent eye rubbing
2. Sleep difficulty - see the many causes of sleep difficulty symptoms (e.g. stress, depression, sleep disorders, etc.).
3.1. Hay fever
3.2. Allergic shiners
3.3. Dust allergy
3.4. Mold allergy
3.5. Eczema - i.e. eczema in the skin under the eyes.
4. Pallor - the paleness of the skin may accentuate the dark rings.
5. Inherited eye blood vessel condition - dark circles under the eyes run in families.