Celebrity Makeup Artist Jo Strettell shares that grey is holding tight as the hottest color for winter 2009 – 2010. Strettell has created fashion forward looks using muted and intense greys for the classic smoky eye. As you can see, the smoky eye continues to be a fabulous cosmetic fashion statement that you can wear for a hot look.
“This winter it’s all about smoky grey eyes, peach cheeks and beige pale mouth.”
Celebrity Makeup Artist Jo Strettell shares the following tips for the perfect winter face:
1. Start with a perfect even skin achieved by using a creamy foundation blended evenly across the face like skin cream using a brush and fingers.
2. Eyes, using dark grey with soft shimmer shadow, sweep across eyelid from lashes (corner - outer) to crease line and then blend along crease line (with clean brush) dragging around and under eye to create a soft smoke.
3. Line the inside of eye - upper and lower lid - with black Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil and lashings of Glam’Eyes mascara to create thick rooted heavy lashes.
4. Use a soft peach blush on the apple of the cheeks to create a natural glowing look.
5. Natural, pale, beige lips with a creamy lipstick such Lasting Finish Lipsticks in Paradise and Birthday suit to bring focus on your eyes.
An insider’s tip to take color out of lips to get a true pale mouth is to sweep your foundation across the lips first under the lipstick.
6. To make this look hot for a party, add some shimmer by using that RIMMEL LONDON Spark It Up!
7. And add some GLOSSY lip gloss in beige over those creamy lips.
8. A little skinny, fluffy scarf wrapped around the neck to frame the face should be added to finish look - cozy.