For a special occasion, especially an evening event, many women choose to put on a party face with a little bit of extra makeup. For a formal occasion, a special date, a holiday party, or even a ladies night out, applying more formal and glamorous makeup than what is ordinarily worn can make a woman feel beautiful, confident and sexy.
Makeup That Matches
For a special occasion, such as a wedding, Christmas party, New Year's party, or even a fun night out on the town, it's fashionable to match the tone of your party face to the outfit. For example, an outfit of jeans and a T-shirt often looks awkward with a face completely made up with lots of foundation, mascara and bright red lipstick. However, a sparkly formal dress will look great with this makeup combination.
Dramatic Party Face Makeup
Any sort of party or event that takes place in the evening allows a woman to be more adventurous with her makeup. For the most part, makeup worn during the evening hours can be thicker and darker than what is normally worn during the day.
The following are some makeup tips that are perfect for a nighttime party face:
* Make sure to apply concealer under the eyes to disguise dark circles and shadows.
* To help eye makeup stay put for the entire night, place foundation or primer on the eyelids before adding colored eye makeup.
* Make sure to completely cover foundation with powder. This will help the foundation to last longer on the face without touchups.
* Use an eye pencil on the eyebrows to help define them.
* Try different shades of eye shadow. Use a light color from the eyelashes all the way up to the eyebrow, then a line of dark eye shadow along the crease in the eyelid, and a medium shade from the crease all the way up to the eyebrow.
* Always wear eyeliner and two applications of mascara.
* Wear two shades of blush on the cheeks.
* Define the lips by using a lip liner along with regular lipstick.
Many women can't wait to attend formal events, parties, or special occasions because they love the feeling of getting dressed in a great outfit and applying their party face. However, for anyone who is not used to a lot of makeup, there are a few things to remember:
* If a lot of makeup is not normally worn, it may feel uncomfortable to overdo it on the night of a party or event. Practicing the application of makeup beforehand can help to ensure that it will look right in the spotlight.
* If makeup tends to smudge or run, an ice cube can help. Rub the face with ice for several minutes prior to putting on makeup. The ice will cool the face, which will encourage the makeup to stay put for a longer period of time.
* Don't spend the evening feeling like a clown. In other words, avoid so much makeup that it appears overdone and completely unnatural.