Often considered the most important element of beauty, lips have been written about by poets when referring to beauty for ages. Everyone would like to have smoother, fuller and more beautiful lips so shouldn't we do everything we can to properly care for them and avoid chapping?
The signs of chapped lips include flaky, red and overly dry. Occasionally this will cause cracking, pain and bleeding as a result. This is caused by the lips drying out as the moisture level falls. Some factors which can lead to this are wind, heat, sun and dry air.
Here are some treatments you can try for chapped lips.
• Avoid licking your lips as when the saliva evaporates it will leave the lips drier than before.
• Apply frequent doses of shea butter, olive or coconut oil to your lips.
• Use natural beauty products on your lips.
• Use lipstick which helps to retain moisture in the lips - moisturizing lipstick.
• Make sure that you are getting enough nutrients such as vitamin B1, B12 and iron.
• In lieu of moisturizing lipstick use a protective balm to help retain moisture.
• Clean your lips with a wash cloth and warm water, then apply moisturizing lip balm.
Using the methods described above should help to alleviate chapped lips. If not, you may have a more serious condition causing the problem.
Occasionally people may suffer from a condition known as angular cheilitis an infection causing cracking around the area of the mouth. Sometimes it can be mis-spelled as chelitis or known by the names perleche, angular stomatitis and cheilosis.
This condition is very painful and you should consult with your doctor if you feel you have this.
Remember that there can be several causes of chapped lips which can be easily managed. Everyone can have healthy, beautiful lips.