Hair Color Removal
Roots grow out and hair color fades with time. Sometimes we’re just tired of our hair color and want to get back to natural, but sometimes we're met with a hair color calamity. Whatever our reasons for hair color removal, where there’s a will, today there is a way to return to normal hair color.
First, if your hair color is over three days old, chances are you won’t be able to remove it. Your best option is to find a professional skilled in different hair coloring techniques. Besides highlighting drab hair colors, your stylist can darken too-light hair colors and offset hair color mistakes.
If you’ve experienced a hair color catastrophe in the last day or two, if you’re prompt, the damage can probably either be minimized or completely reversed. Generally, hair color takes from 48 to 72 hours to set into the cuticle. However, because this window is so brief, before you begin experimenting with hair color removal, consult with a professional stylist.
1. Even if your hair color problems are self-inflicted, good professionals are usually familiar with consumer hair products and are best equipped to use the right hair color removal methods. Depending on the product you used and the severity of the problem, your stylist can remove, offset, or blend hair colors to repair the damage.
2. If your stylist made the mistake, she knows exactly what product she used and has a better idea than anyone else as to what went wrong. Most professionals will do everything they can to keep your business and their good reputation. No stylist wants to be known as “the one who turned Judy’s hair green”!
3. Unless you caused the problem, most professionals will make corrections at no extra cost. Just be sure to ask if they’ll “make it right” before you make an appointment for hair color removal. If they expect to impose an additional charge, you’ll be able to choose another option.
Home Hair Color Removal
Okay, your not-so-professional stylist tells you “there’s no free lunch, ya know.” Don’t throw in the towel just yet. There are both commercial products and other possible solutions for hair color removal at home.
If your hair color problem resulted from an at-home application, start looking for help from the maker. Most major manufacturers have a consumer help line. You’ll find the phone number either on the box or in the instructions pamphlet.
Oh sure! It’s evening, the help line closed at 5 p.m., and you work at 7 a.m.!
1. Almost too simple to be true, but hot water sometimes fades chemical hair colors.
2. Volume shampoos and gels are often designed to blow open the hair cuticle. Although they won’t completely remove hair color, they may speed up the process.
3. Hot extra-virgin olive oil also may help strip chemical colors. However, do be careful. You don’t want to soak your head in boiling oil!
4. Get out the scissors. A short cut can minimize hair color problems. Your stylist can suggest one that will camouflage old color with new hair growth.
5. Put on a scarf and head to the nearest open-all-night super-store.
- The red in tomato juice may help neutralize green hair color.
- If your hair color came from a product that was chlorine enhanced, a special chlorine removal shampoo may help tone it down.
- A couple of hair color removal products are worth considering:
- One ‘n Only Colorfix – Made to remove permanent hair color and may even be used to correct color in specific areas.
- Clairol The Uncolor System Haircolor Remover – A semi-permanent hair color remover that Clairol says is gentle, quick, and easy.
Tips for successful hair color removal:
1. Always strand test before you try any hair color removal
2. Deep conditioning with a low pH conditioner after hair color removal helps protect your hair as well as return it to natural softness and shine.
3. Remember to protect your clothing from hair color removal products. Even tomato juice can leave a nasty stain!
4. Precisely follow the directions on all hair color removal products.
5. Do not use hair color removal products on henna. Henna is unpredictable and can leave you with unusual results!
6. Keep hair color removal products away from your eyes. Don’t ever use them on lashes or brows.
7. Don’t use bleach for hair color removal. Bleach helps artificial colors penetrate deeper into the hair shaft and weakens the hair shaft, causing even more damage.
A lot of people are not aware that they are not only required to wear a white skirt during summertime, but also in winter as well. It is actually not that hard to look for the right skirt that you will be able to wear on cold days because all you need to do is to think about some things when you are already shopping.
Red Leather Knee High Boots
Are you looking for a killer pair of red leather knee high boots? You're not alone. Many women are on the prowl for these stylish boots and they come in many amazing fashions and designs; and that is why I wrote this article about a great source that offers a plethora of stunning choices for these boots.