There are women who find having curly hair appealing. Why not: they surely add more personality to a person's look. Curly hair is very sexy as well. This is just one of the reasons why women invest in good curling irons. Curls and waves add more femininity to a woman's look.
However, curly hair is also the most difficult to manage especially those thick, dry, frizzy curls. Careful handling is necessary to avoid hair damage and further dryness. Hair care for curly hair includes moisturizing, deep conditioning once or twice a month, and shampooing at about twice or thrice a week.
Women with curly hair also want to experience other hairstyles aside from what they already have. They use thermal devices to achieve straight or light waves on their hair. This is torture for the hair especially if the tools used are cheap. You have to keep in mind to use the thermal devices that will not burn your hair. Choose ceramic or ionic hair devices because they lock in moisture and leave your hair smooth and shiny.
Extra care is also necessary when blow-drying. There are several hair blow dryers today. It is important that you invest in a device. Those products are less damaging for your hair. When blow-drying your curly hair, keep the following in mind:
- When washing your hair, always use a conditioner. Gently remove the tangles using your hands. This will be easier if you used the right conditioner.
- Do not use a brush. Brush and curly hair do not get along pretty well. Curly hair is brittle and the use of brush will cause breakage. It will also pull your hair off your scalp easily.
- Towel-dry your hair and get rid of as much water as possible. Do this by pressing the towel against your head. Do not rub the towel with your hair because this will only form more tangles and will damage your hair. If your hair is partially dry, it will spend less time under the hair dryer.
- Put a protective hair product on your curly hair. Distribute it well on your hair. There are plenty of available choices. There is a spray, mousse, or cream. This will protect your hair from the heat of the blow dryer.
- Use a diffuser. The diffuser minimizes the impact of heat on your hair; thus minimizing the damage. It also helps preserve the curl and add volume on your hair.
Curly hairs are beautiful. Women with straight hair want to experience having a curly hair from time to time. However, this type of hair is a challenge to manage and style. If you have a curly hair, you need to be careful in styling it. You have to concentrate on conditioning as well. When blow-drying on the other hand, it is important to use hair blow dryers of high quality. Remove the tangles and towel-dry it first. Apply a protective product and use a diffuser. This will protect your hair from the heat of the device and prevent severe damage.